Friday, November 4, 2016

Election Results

Thursday, November 10, 2016, 10am to 11:30 in the Meeting Room (behind the fireplace)

By next week Wednesday we should know the results of the election; so we will spend Thursday discussing the significance of the final vote. Besides the presidency, we can discuss the Senate race and state referendums, such as recreational marijuana.

I will not have videos until after the election, so if you want something to chew on until our meeting, HERE is a link to the 538 forecast.

----------------------------------- Updated 11/11/16 -----------------------------------

Here are the videos that were shown at the meeting:


2 comments:

  1. I finally figured out that a red state is Republican (I was living out of the country when the colors started). After all, they both start with R. I thought purple meant it was a toss-up but today it seems to mean independent.

    I feel good about my vote (thanks, Mike) but my strategy backfired - I wanted a balanced Congress even if it slows down change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting point. It could be that the Republicans won the Senate because people thought Trump was going to lose.

      Delete

The easiest way to comment

1) In "Comment as:", select the profile for "Name/URL" which is second from last in the list

2) Fill in your name but leave URL blank, then click continue

3) Type your comment in the comment box, then click the "Publish" button at the bottom